Monday, April 25, 2011

Progress

I've recently updated my resume, my contact at RightEverywhere has approved my revisions, and now I'm ready to start filling out applications.  The real trick is determining which companies to apply for.

When I was still going to Texas Tech, I interned with Eastman Chemical Company.  The experience was pretty good as far as internships go.  I had a nice apartment, rent was more-than-reasonable, and my job wasn't very stressful at all.  My objectives were a little vague, but I was working on a complicated project so I didn't expect everything to be crystal clear.  That's how life works, I suppose.  After my internship, I received an offer to work for Eastman full time after graduation.  I jumped on the opportunity since Longview was relatively close to home and I already had experience in the plant.

My career at Eastman was full of ups and downs, but I'm glad I was able to have those experiences.  I got a better idea of what I like doing and what I don't like doing, and now I need to use that knowledge when I go looking for my next job.

On a different note, I've submitted an article to hobbizine.com and I'm waiting to see if it's been accepted or not. I'm also waiting to see if my last batch of articles for wiseGEEK passed.  If those articles pass, I'll only have to write one more test batch!  If that works, I'll be able to write as many articles as I can stomach!  Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment