Monday, April 18, 2011

New Start

Before starting this blog, I spent a lot of time thinking about my previous blogs and their eventual fates.  I used to do a lot of writing and the theme of my posts would change as often as the weather did (which, for a Texas native, means that they changed all the time) and I was never very happy with the way things turned out.  I've abandoned previous projects for various reasons - some of my posts were a little too emotional, some were highly unprofessional, etc.  The reason I'm starting this blog is to lock in the kind of writing that I can be proud of.  This is a great way to start out on the right foot and establish myself in a professional community.

During my search for a new chemical engineering job, I began writing freelance articles for various blogs and websites and so far, I love it!  Freelance writing has afforded me with a lot of freedom and the extra pay isn't bad at all.  I'm currently in the testing phase for wiseGEEK and I hope to hear their evaluation soon.  It's exciting to know that my work could be published!

Eventually, I'd like to use my experience as a freelance writer to work on even bigger projects.  I've always felt that writing nonfiction was my strong suit, but I'd like to take a shot at fiction some day.  I once tried writing a book for NaNoWriMo, but that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  Turns out, it helps if your story actually goes somewhere.  Who knew?

As for this blog... I would like to keep the content of this blog relevant to my writing in engineering, mathematical, and scientific subjects.  I like presenting information and teaching these subjects and this medium is perfect for doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment